There will be a new series of craft workshops for adults coming on stream this September.
This new series follows the highly successful workshops initiated in July this year at the Upstairs Gallery, West House, Pinner Memorial Park. They include tuition by expert practitioners and all materials as well as food and drink (hot drinks and cake in the day time, Prosecco or soft drinks and mezze in the evenings). The workshops are aimed at adults 16 years plus and can be booked as one-off workshops or as a series.
The two new workshops are Monday 5th September on Book Art and Thursday evening 1st September focussing on Jewellery Making. Please see the events pages for further information here for Jewellery Making and here for Book Art.
Quotes from those attending the first Cocktail and Crafts evening workshop in July working with “mixed media on stretch canvasses” included:
- “A great evening with work to take home”
- “Great that everything was provided as well as lots of ideas. It was also good that there was a spread of age who attended”.
- “Loved trying out new techniques and the staff were nice and helpful”
- “Thoroughly enjoyable evening. Lots of help to make our pictures and ideas to develop our thoughts. And lots of lovely resources”.
- “Very relaxed atmosphere, lots of resources. Nice seeing examples first to serve as inspiration and lovey Mediterranean Mezze”.
- An example of one of the collages from this workshop is shown above.
Future Cocktail and Craft workshops at 7–9pm on the first Thursday evening of every month are planned including:
- Napkin Decoupage in October
- Art prints using a new gel method in November
- Willow Weaving in December
Some quotes from the earlier Coffee and Craft workshop “experimenting with Water Colours” included:
- “Time just flew”
- “A good range of materials to experiment with. Friendly and knowledgeable teacher and lovely cakes!”
- “Really relaxing, warm, fun environment – really enjoyed it despite not having picked up a paint brush for years”
Future Coffee and Craft workshops are planned for the first Monday mornings of every month, 11-1pm, between September and December. They include:
- Print/collage (artist book)
- Textiles and print (tea towels)
- Monoprinting (art prints)
- Christmas Decorations (dry felting)