The Trustees, management and team of hard-working volunteers are thrilled and delighted to announce that the Heath Robinson Museum will celebrate its Grand Opening on Saturday 15 October 2016 in Pinner Memorial Park, north-west London.
A significant addition to the national arts, educational and cultural landscape, this project is delivering:
- The first purpose-built museum in Greater London for over 40 years
- A permanent home for the Heath Robinson collection of original artwork and other artefacts
- The only museum dedicated to Heath Robinson, hosting the largest collection of his original works
- In addition to the permanent exhibition, a rolling programme of special themed exhibitions, starting with Heath Robinson at War from October 2016 to January 2017
- For schools, colleges and children of all ages, a comprehensive programme of formal and informal learning and activities: thought-provoking and entertaining, reflecting the style of the man himself.
Private View and filming opportunities will be available to national, regional, arts, design and architecture media representatives in the run-up to and following the Museum opening, with a range of project photos and authorised Heath Robinson images available now.
More details of the Opening Ceremony guest speakers will be announced over the coming weeks.