Check our Plan Your Visit pages for information on how to get to us, our opening hours and transport options, and please read all the information below so we can help you have an enjoyable visit.
Here’s what you need to know about visiting us safely:
- We are currently open Thursday through Sunday, 11am-4pm
- Social distancing and capacity limits are still in place in the museum
- We ask that you book a timed ticket in advance, but tickets will also be available on the door
- Visitors will visit the exhibitions in a fixed, one-way, route
- Please do not bring anything you cannot carry with you around the museum, and only small bags or handbags will be permitted
- The shop will be open for both cash and card/contactless payments, however we ask that you pay by card or contactless wherever possible
- Our staff will be wearing face coverings or personal protective equipment to keep everyone safe
- We ask that visitors continue to wear facemasks inside the museum unless exempt
- Hand sanitiser will be available on arrival and at the end of your visit
- If you wish to only visit our shop you may do so without a ticket, however, numbers in the shop are tightly regulated so you may be asked to wait
- Daisy’s in the Park café is open for service within government guidelines
To help us keep you and our team safe, please
- Book your ticket online in advance
- Do your best to arrive on time as we are operating timed ticketing
- Keep two metres away from others as far as possible
- Follow any instructions given to you by our staff
- Follow the arrows indicating your route around the museum
- Use the hand sanitiser at each opportunity
- Please wear a face covering during your visit
In accordance with government guidelines, please do not visit if you have any symptoms of Covid-19. You can find out more about the current guidelines on the www.gov.uk website.
Naturally the situation may change at short notice, and we will be following the latest government guidelines at all times, so please check before your visit for the most up-to-date visitor information.
Before Your Visit
Before coming to the museum, we ask that visitors book a ticket including Friends of the Museum and Art Fund members. There will however, be some tickets available on the door.
When booking online you can choose a date and time convenient for you.
Our usual opening hours are 11am-4pm.
Please do not bring large bags or coats with you as you will have to carry everything you bring with you on your visit. Bags larger than a small bag or handbag will not be permitted.
Please do not bring food with you as this cannot be taken into the galleries.
When You Arrive
When you arrive at the Heath Robinson Museum, our team will be there to welcome you.
Please have either a paper printout of your ticket or be ready to show this on your smartphone for scanning.
As you enter, a hand sanitising station will be available, so please sanitise your hands.
Toilet facilities are available for visitor use at the start and end of your visit.
Your visit will start at the Main Door before going into the Joan Brinsmead Gallery for the John Hassall: Illustrator & Poster Artist exhibition, followed by the Heath Robinson Gallery to see the Permanent Exhibition and then into the Activity Studio where further Heath Robinson work is currently displayed. The visit will conclude in the shop before leaving through the Main Door.
You will be asked to observe social distancing from others throughout the duration of your visit, so you may be asked to wait until others have moved on before proceeding into the next room.
If you feel unwell at any stage during your visit, please alert a member of staff immediately so we can assist you.
At the End of Your Visit
Your visit will conclude in the shop, which has been reorganised to allow greater social distancing.
We now accept cash, card and contactless payments. We ask, however, that customers pay by card or contactless wherever possible. Please avoid touching items you do not wish to purchase.
We are keen to know what visitors thought of their visit, so you may be asked a few questions as you leave. You may of course decline to participate in this if you wish. Alternatively, you can fill out our online survey HERE.