Outdoor theatre - this August Bank Holiday Sunday - BOOK ONLINE
THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Who killed Sir Charles Baskerville? Can anyone prevent the same fate befalling the young Sir Henry Baskerville? Is a monstrous hound really roaming Dartmoor? Why is someone systematically stealing Sir Henry’s shoes? And how does a ghostly hound manage to leave vast paw-prints and other unwelcome evidence of its existence?
The original and greatest literary detective of them all, Sherlock Holmes, and his assistant Doctor Watson, tackle the most baffling case of their careers in this faithful, cheeky but chilling adaptation...
Be outdoor theatre smart!
- Dress for the weather: sunscreen, hat, waterproofs or waders.
- DON’T bring an umbrella. They obstruct the view for others.
- Bring seating. If you bring a rug to sit on, you’ll be seated at the front.
- Bring a picnic, champagne, cakes, candelabras.
- Bring insect repellent - don’t say we didn’t warn you!
- Arrive early and nab the best seats at the front.
- Latecomers will be admitted, but may be insulted by the actors.
Wonderful performance of the Hound of the Baskervilles by @IllyriaTheatre @WollatonHall this evening! Brilliant fun! :) #illyriahound #Nottingham pic.twitter.com/wBoXDjCMgb
— Richard Mallender (@CllrRMallender) August 19, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed another @IllyriaTheatre performance tonight. Hound of the Baskervilles was outstanding! A fantastic story performed wonderfully in true Illyria style. Would recommend to all. Two shows this year and no rain... how unusual, but welcome! #illyriahound pic.twitter.com/8Zx9IFIqGu
— Karen9590 (@Karen9590) August 19, 2018